In today’s digital era, we have witnessed the growing cyber-attacks in several organizations. Nowadays, people rely more on technology to manage their daily lives, and the threat of cybercrime is continuously increasing. Several large-scale cyberattacks have affected many companies across the world, and data breaches may affect bank accounts, records, credit card numbers, and other personal information that includes passwords, usernames, phone numbers, emails, and addresses. So there is a strong need for cyber-security experts who can overcome these threats and protect systems and networks.
But there is a critical shortage of cybersecurity professionals as traditional IT experts not fully trained in security tactics. Employers now understand the need to upgrade cybersecurity measures as the recent data breaches are pushing the demand for cybersecurity professionals to “stratospheric heights.” There is a high need for an authentic and robust system to secure all the data with the increasing numbers of attacks/thefts/threats that must encounter in a globally connected era.
When millions of dollars are at stake, it is necessary to uplift and advance the standards related to such security systems. Loss of valuable data and credentials is worried by almost every organization and people who need high-intellect to look after. As such, companies rely on industry-recognized cybersecurity certifications to find the right candidate to deal with cyberattacks. One of the popular certifications in this field is CISSP. This article will tell you about the CISSP certification and the crucial steps to becoming certified by taking a CISSP course.
What is the CISSP Certification?
CISSP stands for Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification. It is a globally recognized certification for IT security professionals covering all areas of information technology security so one can become a skilled and robust security expert. This certification offers by the International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC2). It validates the candidate’s expertise and ability in all sectors of information security. Certified professionals can define the design, architecture, controls, and management of a secure business environment. This certification meets ISO/IEC Standard 17024.
Skills Covered- The skills covered by CISSP certifications are:
- Security And Risk Management
- Cryptography OSI And TCP IP Models
- Asset security Security Architecture and Design
- Access Controls system and Methodology
- System and Application Security Development
- Disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Investigation laws and ethics
- Networking and telecommunications security
- Operations security
- Best Management practice
- Physical Security
CISSP Eligibility- Candidates who want to take the CISSP exam must have five years of full-time work skill in two or more domains required under the ISC2 CISSP CBK. Candidates without experience can also take the exam, but they will not immediately be able to get the CISSP degree. They will provide an Associate of ISC2 certification. After earning the required work experience, they can reward with the CISSP certification.
Skills developed After CISSP Certification
After achieving the certification, candidates are able to-
- Define the architecture, design, and administration of the security of the organization.
- Gain related knowledge and skills to be a qualified Cissp professional.
- Learn about Security, Control Systems, and methodology of software.
- Acquire working knowledge in the domains provided by the CISSP Common Body Of Knowledge(CBK).
- Optimization of Security Operations.
Advantages of CISSP Certification
Having a certification in CISSP and being recognized by ISC2 is in itself an honour and showcases a lot about the professional you are. It shows that you know the backing, networking, and support systems to fight the problems. It is a high-level and prestigious job that impacts companies at the highest level, so several organizations interests in paying high salaries to the right candidates. With this certification, candidates can learn better risk management and control as they are highly knowledgeable in all the fields of information system security. They can better manage human resources and marketing strategies, as they consider quality employees.
Also Read: 5 Best Metadata Management Tools in 2021
How To Become CISSP Certified
Below mentioned are some steps to follow to become a CISSP certified professional.
- Understand The Exam Format- Basically, it is a Computer Adaptive Test (CAT) involving 100-150 Questions. Candidates require to score a minimum of 700 out of 1000 to get the certification.
- Key Prerequisites- Candidates must match the eligibility criteria before getting enrolled. Some prerequisites are such as 5 years of work experience in at least two domains of the CISSP CBK, a 4-year graduation degree of a CISSP credential from the (ISC)2 approved list. If candidates don’t have the required experience, they can become an Associate of ISC2 bypassing the foundation level of the CISSP certification.
- Take the Training- The next step is to get enrolled with a CISSP training program to get an in-depth knowledge of the course. Training instructors provide you with training material and guide you regarding the certification exam, which helps pass the exams successfully.
- Create Your Own Pearson VUE Account- To take the exam, and you need to generate a Pearson VUE account to find details related to the testing locations, accommodation, policies, etc.
- Register to Plan Your Exam- Next step forward is to process the registration by completing the examination agreement. You need to verify the truth of your assertions and require to legally commit to the ISC2 code of ethics, with paying the request fee for the CISSP exam.
- Clear The Exam- Take and clear the CISSP Certification exam to validate/ judge your ability and skills. Concentrate and focus on removing the exam and getting the CISSP certification.
- Take ISC2 Code Of Ethics Subscription- After passing the exam, you will have to subscribe to the ISC2 Code of Ethics to get the CISSP certification.
- Obtain an Endorsement- Now you need to endorse the application within nine months from your examination date. This endorsement form must finish and signed by an (ISC)2 certified CISSP cloud security professional to verify your professional experience.
CISSP consider a quality standard in information security, which is an international certification course that gives you global recognition. So if you want to get the CISSP certification, match the eligibility criteria, get enrolled with the course, follow the required steps, and get certified successfully.